BrainMaster Technologies Inc. Policies
A comprehensive list of our most updated policies
2. Improper connection or disconnection with any electrical device has damaged the module or device.
When you place an order with us, we request your name, billing address, shipping address, credit card number and expiration date, and email address. We consider this information to be private, and we keep this information on a secure server to protect it from outside parties. We use the information only for the limited purposes of processing your orders, administering our site, notifying you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you (only if you select to be included on out mailing list). We do not share your private information with anyone.
We will ship your online order within 2-5 business days unless the items you are ordering are on backorder. If Items are on backorder they will ship within 48 hours of arriving to our facility. Please note, overnight orders received after Noon EST will be shipped the next business day to allow time for processing and handling.
Neurofeedback (aka EEG biofeedback or brainwave training) is sold to or on the order of a licensed practitioner for relaxation purposes with the intended use of incorporation into practitioners practice, research or personal use. To be used within the scope of practitioners “State Licensing Guidelines Only”.
International orders may be subject to additional fees. Please check with your country’s custom’s regulations before ordering.
These commodities, technologies, and/or software are exported from the U.S. in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
30 day Return Policy with 20% Restocking Fee
It is not uncommon in the neurofeedback and biofeedback business to find that an individual has acquired a piece of equipment that was originally sold to another party, an institution, or a reseller. Sometimes such equipment is sold, moved, donated, or otherwise finds itself in a different ownership than that on record. In such cases, the current owners may contact us for further sales or support, for equipment now in a different environment or with a different owner.
It is our policy that follow-up, upgrades, warranties or additional equipment or software can generally be sold only to the original purchaser on record. If equipment changes ownership, then BrainMaster has the right to request a copy of the new owners license and request authorization confirmation from the supervising practitioner of record.
All biofeedback equipment is considered medical equipment. It is each individual’s responsibility to comply with state and federal laws related to the sale and use of said equipment.
BrainMaster assumes no responsibility for the actions that are out of its control.
BrainMaster does not condone the unauthorized use of equipment. This is necessary in order to comply with the labeling requirements as defined by the US FDA (per 510K 990538).
Under no circumstances should unlicensed individuals purchase or use neurofeedback equipment, unless personally and properly supervised by a licensed practitioner.
Unlicensed individuals should never use medical equipment on other individuals without appropriate, direct and licensed supervision. To do so may be interpreted as practicing medicine without a license. Please check your state biofeedback regulations.
Licensed practitioners retain sole responsibility for claims made, marketing and use of BrainMaster equipment and systems within the scope of their respective State license.
Please note: BrainMaster sells multiple types of electrodes; gold, tin and silver, these should never be mixed with use on patients. You must use the same metal type in all electrodes during a recording or your collected data will not be valid. Each metal type has its own properties and will cause an unstable recording environment if mixed. Always use the same type of electrodes (gold, silver, tin) when connecting a patient. Do not mix metals as this can degrade system performance and cause inaccurate readings. Prior to hooking up a patient
- Inspect all lead wires for cracks and kinks in the wiring. Pay close attention to the ends nearest the female connector and the connection closest to the electrode itself as these areas tend to crack and break the easiest.
- Inspect the electrode itself for any corrosion, or loss of metal plating as this will affect your ability to acquire clean, low impedance, low dc offset (Discovery only) recordings.
- If damage to an electrode is suspected do not use it.
- Immediately after your session remove excess material and then soak your electrodes (cup end only) in warm soapy water for approximately 20 minutes to loosen up the remaining paste. Avoid submerging the female connector jack in water if possible.
- Clean your electrodes using warm running water and a q-tip or other non-abrasive items to remove all remaining paste from the electrode.
- Remove excess liquid by wiping the electrode down with a paper towel and hang them to dry. If they are needed immediately ensure that the electrode is completely dry using a paper towel or other non-abrasive cloth.
- The type of metal (Gold, Tin or Silver)
- The amount of use they receive Once a week verses several times a day
- How well they are cared for
- Gold and Silver electrodes can last up to 2 years, depending on usage and care.
- Tin electrodes can last from 6 months to a year
BrainMaster recommends replacing your electrodes at minimum in 6 month cycles in order to maintain proper functioning equipment. Please note: BrainMaster only warranties your electrodes for 90-days from the time of purchase as they are considered a consumable item. Please inspect all electrodes upon receipt for damage. Consult your BrainMaster Warranty for further information or contact BrainMaster Support at 1-440-232-6000 M-F 9:30 – 6:00 PM EST or email email@example.com with any questions.
Electro-Cap International Inc.’s limited warranty provides for repair or replacement of any item that, due to defects in materials or workmanship, fails to function properly within ninety (90) days from receipt. Following the warranty period, there will be a nominal charge for repair of Electro-Caps. Broken wires at the mount, inside the cap or at the connector plugs, connectors and electrode mounts are considered repairable. If malfunctions are experienced, the cap can be returned to Electro-Cap International, Inc. for evaluation and repair. Normally the items will be repaired and shipped within 48 hours from receipt. Electro-Caps, when properly used and maintained, can be used for approximately 300 to 600 applications. Elasticity of the material dictates the life of the cap. When a cap becomes stretched and loses its elasticity, it must be discarded and replaced as the electrode placements will be inaccurate and artifacts will occur more often.