Make sure you are logging into the proper software: Not all units log into the same software. Here is a breakdown of the units, and what software version they use:
- BrainMaster Atlantis I/Atlantis II – BrainMaster 3.0 Software*
- BrainMaster 2EB – BrainMaster 3.0 Software*
- BrainMaster Discovery – BrainMaster Discovery
If you, for example try to log into the BrainMaster 3.0 Software** with your Discovery passkey, you will get an error “Passkey is not approved for 3.0 Software”, and vise-versa. Always make sure you are logging into the proper software for the proper BrainMaster Device.
I am trying to log into the proper software, but I am still getting this error or is stating a different serial number: This is most commonly done from improperly typing in the passkey. We have tried to limit the amount of things that can cause this error, though this can happen. Here are just some of the combinations that are acceptable for the BrainMaster Software:
- XXXX-1111-XXXX: All character’s capitalized
- xxxx-1111-xxxx: All character’s lowercased
- XXXX1111XXXX: All character’s capitalized with-out “-“
- xxxx1111xxxx: All character’s lowercased with-out “-“
- xXxX-1111XXXX: Combination of upper and lowercased, with some “-“
The most common error that occurs when entering a passkey, is that customers try to either put in the “-“, and end up hitting a key close to that key, or they want to capitalize the whole passkey by holding the shift key down. Doing this, cause them to also capitalize the numbers, which will not work for our system. Another common error, is having a space in between the passkey, as opposed to “-” Here are some examples of these errors:
- Correct: xxxx-1111-xxxx Incorrect: xxxx=11110xxxx
- Correct: XXXX1111XXXX Incorrect: XXXX!!!!XXXX
- Correct: XXXX-1111-XXXX Incorrect: XXXX 1111 XXXX
I am placing in the passkey into the proper system, and I am typing in properly, but I am still not able to log in: If you are still having problems with this, please contact BrainMaster Technical Support** at 440-232-6000 Option 3.
*BrainMaster 3.0 Software is the general term for the latest BrainMaster software. Current version is 3.7i. Updates can be found at www.brainm.com/software/3.0.
**Please Note: When contacting BrainMaster Technical Support, please supply your Serial Number, and make sure that your Affiliate Membership is up-to-date, so that we can provide you with complimentary support.