The BrainMaster 2.0 and 2.5 amplifiers do not have any visual indicator to let you know when your battery is charging properly. Care must be taken to ensure proper charging. Please note that the BrainMaster must be turned OFF for the battery to charge. The battery does not charge while the BrainMaster is turned on. This is a protection measure to keep the client electrically isolated while running a session.
How to know if my battery is dead:
- While using BrainMaster after only a minute or two you will get a COM Port Error message.
- When you turn the BrainMaster unit on the red power light on the front does not turn on, is really dim or turns on and then fades in brightness.
- Your amplifier does not turn on even after a prolonged charging period.
The good news is that usually when the battery dies it can be recovered simply by letting it receive a prolonged charge overnight.
To restore battery:
- Plug your charger in a completely different location than before. If there is something wrong with your power outlet this will remedy that situation.
- Allow the BrainMaster unit at least 12 hrs to fully charge when the battery is entirely depleted.
- If steps one and two do not work, you may purchase a BrainMaster Battery Rescue Kit from BrainMaster. The BrainMaster battery rescue kit allows for the use of an external 9V battery to be used instead.
- You may send your BrainMaster in for a Battery Replacement.